Welcome ELC 2020-2021 families!!!
Wow! We are so excited to be back in session. Normally I will send these emails on Fridays, just a little communication on what has happened or what is to come the next week.
I will start with thanking each of you for your patience as we are working through some new procedures.
Here are a few things I want to share:
We would like to thank our church staff for helping us with the first few days of a completely new way of dropping off and getting school supplies. All those extra hands (and hearts) helped tremendously!!
The app seems to be working well. Let me know if you are having any trouble with it.
1. Make sure mom and dad download the app from their individual email. You can’t share the 10 digit code.
2. Other authorized contacts won’t have the app, but if they are in the system they have a 4 digit code to login on our iPads we will have at check-in and check-out. We will help with that!
3. You have to be at the school to be able to check-in or out.
Before and After Care changes
1. You must have the Before/After Care sheet filled out for me if you plan to use Before and After Care.
2. You must schedule it ahead of time. Because of COVID standards, we have to keep the children in their individual classes and cannot combine the children like in the past. That means we have to have staff for each class that is using Before/After Care. We have to schedule their hours ahead of time so no one goes over in hours. Our teachers are being wonderful and flexible about it, but we just can’t take kids at the last minute like we’ve always been able to do. Once our state gets to a stage 5 we will go back to normal Before and After Care with our specific three teachers working it every day. We still need the form filled out before you can utilize the Before and/or After Care.
3. If you are here for Before or After Care the door you use is door 4. If you are coming during normal school hours, then you go to the door your child’s class has been assigned.
Doors and times for each class during normal hours:
1. My Backyard Class: Door 4 (playground weather permitting) at 8:30 a.m. for drop-off and 3:30 p.m. for pick-up.
2. The Farm Class: Door 3 at 8:20 a.m. for drop-off and 3:20 p.m. for pick-up.
3. The Sea Class: Door 2 at 8:20 a.m. for drop-off and 3:20 p.m. for pick-up.
4. The Garden Class: Door 4 at 8:20 a.m. for drop-off and 3:20 for pick-up.
5. The Jungle Class: Door 4 at 8:30 a.m. for drop-off and 3:30 for pick-up.
6. Before Care: Door 4 from 7:30-8:15 a.m. for drop-off. Buzz the door or call the office when you arrive 574.243.2025.
7. After Care: Door 4 from 3:45-5:30 p.m. for pick-up. Buzz the door or call the office when you arrive 574.243.2025.
Let me know if you are looking for a baby-sitter, we have at least one teacher that has offered to give out her name and number.
Always know if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Have a wonderful weekend!